UPS Battery Service to Keep Your Business Running, No Matter What
At FGC, we offer a wide variety of UPS battery service and replacement options for all Uninterruptable Power Systems to keep your business running, no matter what.
Our experts understand the importance of proper UPS battery maintenance and replacement, not to mention the technical requirements needed to install and recycle any string of batteries.
As the “heart” of any UPS system, batteries are the source of emergency power in the event of a power loss. During a utility power failure, the UPS batteries must support the connected load to prevent catastrophic outcomes, from data loss and business disruption to injuries.
Proactive maintenance and replacement of UPS batteries is crucial to keeping your business running no matter what. We recommend replacement every 3-5 years of all UPS batteries - your UPS may have more than one!
Our Account Managers will work directly with your site contact to ensure the batteries are shipped, received, rigged, and installed into your UPS. We're familiar with open rack systems as well as battery cabinets, wet cells, and lithium ion systems. Any old batteries will be recycled and we'll provide a certificate of proof of responsible recycling.
UPS Battery Service
Our technicians are battery experts with decades of experience. Every individual jar is factory tested before installation and all hardware is torqued to manufacture specifications. Do you have individual battery monitoring? No problem! We work with all systems, ensuring monitoring is back online once the battery installation is complete. Once the installation is complete, our Field Engineer will conduct a preventative maintenance visit to ensure the system is running smoothly.
OEM Battery Partners
• Our technicians will inspect the battery’s environment to maker sure operating conditions are perfect.
• We’ll place your UPS system in internal or external maintenance bypass. If multiple strings of batteries exist, you can elect to leave your UPS online while we replace one battery string at a time – just in case of fan emergency!
• We’ll test all your UPS batteries with our Midtronics Battery Tester prior to installation so we can make sure the batteries are in great condition.
• We’ll remove existing battery string(s) from the UPS or external cabinets.
• We’ll inspect existing inter-cell and inter-tier cabling to ensure no corrosion damage exists. And if we find any damaged cabling, we’ll replace it.
• Our battery installation experts will install new batteries per the UPS manufacturer’s exact recommendations. We’ll check for proper hardware torque application and the use of anti-corrosion grease.
• We’ll place your UPS system back online if it was placed in bypass, making sure there are no alarms present.
• When we’re done, we’ll palletize and remove old battery string(s) or prepare them from removal.
• Lastly, our team won’t leave until their work area is clean. We’ll provide a detailed report to onsite personnel and see you at your next preventative maintenance visit!