OLD BATTERIES ARE THE WEAKEST LINK OF ANY UPS!
FGC Service offers a wide variety of replacement UPS batteries for all Uninterruptable Power Systems. We understand the importance of proper UPS battery maintenance and the technical requirements needed to install and recycle any string of batteries. We recommend replacement every 3-5 years depending on the UPS configuration and application.
Our Account Managers will work directly with your site contact to ensure the batteries are shipped, received, rigged, and installed into your UPS. We are familiar with open rack systems as well as battery cabinets, wet cells, and lithium ion systems. Any old batteries will be recycled and a certificate provided for proof of responsible recycling of old batteries.
Our technicians are battery experts with decades of experience. Every individual jar is factory tested before installation and all hardware is torqued to manufacture specifications. If you have individual battery monitoring, no problem, we can work with any system and ensure the monitoring is back online once the battery installation is complete. Once the installation is complete, our Field Engineer will conduct a one-time PM to ensure the system is back on line.
OEM Battery Partners
• Inspect battery environment to ensure proper operating conditions exist.
• Place UPS system in internal or external maintenance bypass. If multiple strings of batteries exist, customer may elect to leave UPS online and replace one battery string at a time.
• Test batteries with Midtronics Battery Tester prior to installation to ensure batteries installed are good.
• Remove existing battery string(s) from UPS or external cabinets.
• Inspect existing inter-cell and inter-tier cabling to ensure no corrosion damage exists. Replace any damaged cabling when found.
• Install new batteries per manufacturer’s recommendations. Technician will ensure use of No-Ox or anti-corrosion grease and proper hardware torque is applied.
• Place UPS system back online if unit was placed in bypass. Ensure no alarms are present on UPS system.
• Palletize and remove or make ready from removal old battery sting(s).
• Ensure work area is clean. Provide a detailed report to onsite personnel.